St. Thomas Church Aldona
St. Thomas church Aldona is situated in North Goa, almost 8 kms from Mapusa. The Church inside is ornately decorated with symbolic murals depicting stories from the bible and also with grand statues. The Feast of St. Thomas is celebrated with pomp and gaiety on the 2nd Saturday following Easter. St.Thomas was chosen as the patron since the inception of the parish.
Aldona is the seventh parish established by the Franciscans in Bardez. They started their ministry in Coimavaddo, where they built the original church of the village, in the year 1569.